Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

PFO Day 6 - Slings and Arrows

Today in NY has been a day of ups and downs.  Great teaching, full of thought provoking insights reminding us that mature love can transcend all cultures, languages, and faiths.  Inspiring movie and discussions...and then the Enemy rears his ugly head.

Spiritual Warfare starts in the deep places of the heart.  Places that, unfortunately, have not been made captive to the Holy Spirit.  For me, it's a place of fear and worry.  Fear about not making it to Austria, fear about leading my family into a bad situation, fears about leaving our comfort places, and fear about failing.  These have been used against me this night.  Trying to cripple me, stealing my joy and hope, so that I am so frustrated and angry that I'd quit and return to the safety of comfortable life. 
Father, forgive me for even entertaining the thoughts, hold them captive in the name of Jesus, and lead us into Your peace and Joy as we prepare for the mission of our lives.
"God is standing in the fire..." right beside us all the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment