Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PFO Day 11 - Mirror, Mirror

Today began with groans...I'm tired, I'm sleepy, I'm hungry, etc...  After eating breakfast, which was the same as every other day before, I realized how tired I was.  It's hot and muggy in NY today and the sweat driped with every step.  Our classes today were thought provoking and a sobering reminder to all Christians to love like Christ loved us.  Classes on abuse, mentoring, and good teaching practices challenged us to examine our lives and look into the mirror of reflection.  Is it the image of Christ or me that I would see?
This afternoon, we sent in our reflection papers and relaxed in the student center watching the Dutch win it's World Cup match.  Dinner and a time of worship finished off the evening. We tucked the kids in and are planning out the next month's activities while doing laundry.

Inescapable Thoughts of the Day:

CARPE AETERNITATEM : Seize Eternity - Why settle for just a Day?

    We must live our lives in light of eternity.  What have we done today to impact eternity? 
    What blessings or consequences will our actions have? 

"There are no neutral contacts in life."

No comments:

Post a Comment