Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

In honor of my Dad

Today is my dad's 67th birthday!  Happy birthday, Dad!
A year ago today, my dad was hospitalized and later diagnosed with multiple myeloma, stage 3 bone marrow cancer.  After surgery, months of chemo and radiation and a stem cell transplant my dad is completely cancer free!  He is regaining his strength, his hair and his sense of humor.  Now that the grocery store has sold, he's even getting a chance to relax and watch the Cowboys play.


We learned a lot this year about cancer, about family strength, about frustration, guilt, pain.  But more than any of that, we learned about the faithfulness of our heavenly Father.  God used this time in our life to mature our faith and grow our trust in Him.  He proved Himself worthy of all the praise and honor we give Him, even though no proof was necessary.  So, I want to honor my heavenly Dad today, too, for his great love in healing my dad on this earth and seeing to it that one day, he will heal my dad for all eternity.  Thanks to my dad for not giving up the fight and thanks to our Dad for winning the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment